As a homeowner, you have enough on your plate without having to worry about keeping your deck looking shiny and new. Composite Decking Melbourne is the solution for homeowners who want to keep their outdoor spaces safe and attractive without having to deal with the maintenance that comes with wood decks or concrete patios.
However, just like any other type of surface (including all-weather rugs), composite decking needs some care in order to keep it looking as good as it did when you first installed it. Fortunately, caring for composite decks doesn’t have to be difficult at all! In this post, I’ll show you how easy it can be:
Spray the deck once to remove any dust or debris.
Cleaning your deck is a simple task that will help it look its best for years to come. There are several ways to clean the composite deck, and each has its own benefits. You can choose the method that works best for you, depending on how much time you have and what type of deck cleaner you have on hand.
- Using a hose with a nozzle: Use this method in between more intensive cleaning sessions to remove any dust or debris from your composite deck’s surface. This method is quick and easy but may not completely remove dirt from deep scratches in the material.
- Using a pressure washer: This method is great if you’re looking for an intensive clean or want to get rid of stubborn stains like mildew buildup or oil spills on your composite material. Use caution when using this method because high-pressure water can damage wood grain patterns in cedar wood decks if used too often or without proper care; however, many people find they prefer using this cleaning tool over others due to its effectiveness at removing tough stains quickly!
Clean the deck with a long-handled brush and soapy water.
Brush the deck with a long-handled brush and soapy water. Use a stiff-bristle brush to sweep away any dirt, dust and grime from the surface of your composite deck. While you’re cleaning, inspect for algae growth or other stains that need attention. If you find black mold growing on your composite decking (or any other part of your home), please call in professionals as soon as possible to deal with this issue before it spreads further into your home!
After brushing off dirt, use a soft broom or mop to gently clean away stubborn stains using warm water mixed with mild detergent or bleach solution if necessary. Again be sure not to scrub too hard as this could damage your beautiful new porch flooring!
Rinse the deck.
The first step to keeping your deck looking new is to rinse it off with water. You can use a garden hose, but if you want to get the job done quickly and thoroughly, consider renting a pressure washer. Pressure washers are designed to blast away dirt and grime with high-pressure streams of water; they’re great for removing stubborn stains! They’re also not very expensive, so if you have the time to spend cleaning your deck yourself, a pressure washer may be worth considering.
Scrub stains with a long-handled brush.
- Take a long handled brush, and apply a mild detergent and warm water to the stain.
- Dip the soft cloth in clean water, wring it out and wipe down your composite decking surface with the damp cloth in a circular motion.
- Use light pressure when scrubbing away stains, as this will prevent scratching of your deck’s surface while still effectively removing stains from it.
Rinse the deck again and let it air dry.
- Rinse the deck again and let it air dry. This can take a few hours, so you can speed up the process by using a leaf blower or even just by turning on your water hose.
- Use a soft bristle brush to remove any dirt that may have accumulated while you were cleaning the deck.
You can clean your composite decking to keep it looking shiny and new.
- Use a long-handled brush to scrub the deck.
- Use a long-handled brush to scrub stains.
We hope that this article has helped you understand how to keep your Composite Decking Melbourne shiny and new. It’s important to remember that proper cleaning and maintenance are the keys to extending the life of any outdoor surface, including composite decks.